North Georgia is one of the best places to retire and enjoy the latter years of your life. It is naturally beautiful, affordable, has plenty of entertainment options, and some of the tastiest foods! North Georgia also has some of the best senior living options in the country.
In this blog post, we will discuss the best senior living facilities in North Georgia. So if you are looking for a suitable living option for yourself or a loved one, read on!
Before we explore the options, let’s have a look at some of the attributes that make a senior living stand out:
- Healthy Lifestyle. A good senior living facility should offer a healthy lifestyle. This means it is regularly inspected for safety, security, and cleanliness standards set by the state of Georgia. Also, it should have a lively and welcoming feel to it so that seniors can ease into this new transition.
- Quality Staff and Service. The staff members working at the facilities have to be well-trained. They should be able to handle seniors with age and health-related issues. Such as Alzheimer’s disease, mobility issues, or other problems. Also, they must have 24/7 healthcare service available in case of an emergency.
- Availability of Activities. Residents should have several activities to stay busy and active. Good facilities offer a wide range of recreational and socializing opportunities. Some also focus on fitness programs or educational activities related to wellness.
- Accommodation and Meal Plans. Quality senior living facilities offer an array of different accommodation options and meal plans. This is because residents must be comfortable and have access to healthy food. Thus, they should have multiple floor plans and a variety of dietary options they can choose from.
- Amenities. Senior living facilities should offer a variety of amenities and service options. This can help better accommodate their residents. For example, housekeeping, library, transportation, laundry services, WiFi, and similar services.
6 Best Senior Living Facilities in North Georgia
Now let’s look at six of the best senior living facilities in North Georgia that provide the right combination of these attributes. We have handpicked some great ones for you:
Gardens of Gainesville
Gardens of Gainesville is one of the best senior living facilities in North Georgia. It is located in Gainesville and provides a homely environment for seniors. Their living options include assisted living, independent living, and memory care. Also, they have different floor plans to fit the needs of seniors with health issues like chronic pain or dementia.
The facility is modern and luxurious, with restaurant-style dining options. It offers various activities like golfing, physical therapy sessions, yoga classes, and more for its residents to stay active. There is a vast array of amenities for its residents as well. They are pet-friendly, have a beauty salon, a library, and 24/7 housekeeping services!
Smoky Springs is one of the top-rated independent living facilities in the state. It is surrounded by the beautiful North Georgia mountains and offers its residents a warm and fun atmosphere. They have a dining room offering multiple healthy cuisine options. Also, there is an outdoor patio where they host happy hours and fitness programs.
They have around-the-clock health and personal care. Also, 24/hour security and transportation to local places make them stand out. One of their most highlighted features is the Smoky Springs Country Club. There, residents can enjoy social events such as wine tasting classes or even golfing!
Dahlonega Assisted Living & Memory Care
Dahlonega Assisted Living & Memory Care offers a safe, home-like environment to its residents. They offer 24/7 supervision and security services. It has a team of experienced caregivers and diverse activity programs. That helps the residents to stay active and fit.
This facility provides a wide range of meal plans and amenities. That includes transportation to doctor’s appointments, housekeeping, weekly laundry services, and more. All these come at a very affordable price, and the staff is always available to answer any questions!
Laurel Lodge Assisted Living & Memory Care
Laurel Lodge is an elegantly-designed Assisted Living & Memory Care facility located in Cleveland. Along with physical wellbeing, they emphasize social and spiritual health. They also offer a range of amenities. That includes a state-of-the-art theatre room, medication management, indoor games, private phone lines.
Laurel Lodge offers a number of floor plans and meal options. Also, they are conveniently located near local attractions, shops, restaurants, and so on! All in all, it is a place where you can lavishly enjoy your senior years.
BeeHive Homes of Gainesville
BeeHive Homes of Gainesville is a personal care home with memory care and respite care options. They have dedicated staff who are passionate about making life easier for seniors. They offer private rooms, healthy meal plans, and daily housekeeping services.
The facility has a consulting nurse available upon request and a doctor who can come to the facility for visits. It also has an outdoor courtyard, beauty salon, and WiFi services.
Brasstown Manor Senior Living
Brasstown Manor Senior Living is an assisted living and independent living facility in Hiawassee, GA. It is a fun and active senior living community with a number of amenities for seniors to enjoy. It has a very inviting and cozy feel to it that makes people feel right at home. They have outdoor porches, beautiful gardens, and a travel bus to move around the city!
Brasstown Manor provides high-quality meals, various floor plans, and activity options. Their staff are well trained and accommodating. So seniors can transition into their new homes smoothly. It offers 24-hour emergency services and is available to assist with everyday activities as well!
Apart from these facilities, there are some other great options available. Some notable mentions include:
- North Georgia Assisted Living
- Union County Nursing Home
- Graceful Care
- Magnolia Hills
- The Oaks – Scenic View
You may want to expand your search and look for senior living options in the state of Georgia as well. There are plenty of communities across the state.
We hope that you find this list of the best senior living facilities in North Georgia useful. But make sure you do your own research before moving in and choose the one that suits you best!
Ashley Davis is Digital Marketing Executive at BoomersHub, a website that finds the best senior living facilities, assisted living, independent living, memory care, nursing home services all in one place.